EEA Privacy Disclosures - Alumni and Donors
What Personal Data Do We Collect?
We and our third-party vendors may collect:
- Contact Information: for example, your name, home address, email address, phone number and social media usernames;
- Demographic Information: for example, gender, age, and other information you may volunteer;
- Personal Information and History: for example, personal interests, charitable activities, other personal information you may choose to volunteer and other information we may learn about your background;
- Education History: for example, prior and subsequent schools, awards, honors and student activities;
- Employment Information: for example, your title, employer, location and work experience;
- Harvard Affiliations: for example, your social network, group memberships and Harvard-related correspondence;
- Family Information: for example, family member names, ages, occupations and relevant medical information (if provided in advance of events);
- Financial Information: for example, your contribution history, publicly available data on wealth and assets, and contributions to other organizations;
- Payment Information: for example, when you register for an event, make a donation or request a service, depending on your means of payment, your payment card number or your bank and bank account number;
- Contribution History: your contribution history to Harvard;
- Health and Dietary Information: for example, medical conditions that may require additional accommodations or dietary preferences, if you volunteer such information; and
- Your Image: for example, when a photograph or other image is used in online networking or announcements, or when you participate in Harvard events that are recorded by photography or video.
What is the Purpose of Processing?
We process your Personal Data as part of our alumni and donor outreach and services:
- To provide you and your family opportunities to engage with Harvard, alumni and students;
- To facilitate alumni and donor communications, events, fundraising and operations;
- To request and process your contributions and subscriptions;
- To communicate with you about other opportunities for giving, and to understand better your interests and how you might help support Harvard through volunteerism and philanthropy;
- To conduct analytics to improve our alumni and donor services, analyze engagement and contribution trends, and create custom experiences;
- To satisfy legal, regulatory and contractual obligations; or
- To engage in other activities described under “Additional Uses of Personal Data” below.
What is Our Legal Basis of Processing?
We process your Personal Data for the purposes described above on the basis of our legitimate interests (for example, requesting gifts or donations); to process transactions requested by you and meet our contractual obligations (for example, registration for events or processing of donations); as necessary for compliance with a legal obligation (for example, to provide required tax information); or on the basis of your consent, where applicable.