Your independent source for Harvard news since 1898 | SUBSCRIBE

Your independent source for Harvard news since 1898

Montage | streaming

Sweet Tweets

March-April 2012

3-D is a good type of movie but a bad type of bra size.

Everyone knows about the one phone call from jail, but you never hear about the UNLIMITED TEXTING.

Seems like a life coach’s first job should be to coach himself to get a better job than life coach.

It’s less whimsical to be an eccentric thousandaire.

Posted just before Rosh Hashana: Dear Jews: want something new to worry about? Y6K is just around the corner!

A little bird told me I’m schizophrenic.

Cleanliness is next to godliness in a dictionary missing some stuff.

Las Vegas is what would happen if a spam filter came to life.

When I tell you no one’s ever thrown me a surprise party, just know that I’m not counting interventions.

4 out of 1 dentists have multiple personality disorder.

Long distance relationships are tough. I mean, how do they seriously expect me to stay at least 500 yards away from my ex at all times??

I’ll have a glass of 1% milk. Please make the other 99% Kahlúa.

 

You Might Also Like:

The painting “Love Potion” features two lovers craning toward each other in a boat on roiling ocean waters.

Click on arrow at right to view full image

The evocative Love Potion

Image courtesy of Alexander Gassel and the Museum of Russian Icons

Alexander Gassel retrospective at the Museum of Russian Icons

Portrait photograph of Maggie Shipstead

Maggie Shipstead

Photograph courtesy of Maggie Shipstead

Novelist Maggie Shipstead and “Great Circle”

An illuminated manuscript page from thirteenth-century Iraq showing two men on a camel arriving in a village, depicted as two-story white buildings with people looking out the windows

Click on arrow at right to view full image

An illuminated page showing Abu Zayd and his friend al-Harith, narrator of the Impostures, arriving in a village, from a copy of the Maqamat (“Impostures”) created in Baghdad in 1237 by Yahya ibn Mahmud al-Wasiti. No portrait of al-Hariri is known to exist.

Image ©BnF, Dist. RMN-Grand Palais/Art Resource, NY

al-Hariri, a master storyteller

You Might Also Like:

The painting “Love Potion” features two lovers craning toward each other in a boat on roiling ocean waters.

Click on arrow at right to view full image

The evocative Love Potion

Image courtesy of Alexander Gassel and the Museum of Russian Icons

Alexander Gassel retrospective at the Museum of Russian Icons

Portrait photograph of Maggie Shipstead

Maggie Shipstead

Photograph courtesy of Maggie Shipstead

Novelist Maggie Shipstead and “Great Circle”

An illuminated manuscript page from thirteenth-century Iraq showing two men on a camel arriving in a village, depicted as two-story white buildings with people looking out the windows

Click on arrow at right to view full image

An illuminated page showing Abu Zayd and his friend al-Harith, narrator of the Impostures, arriving in a village, from a copy of the Maqamat (“Impostures”) created in Baghdad in 1237 by Yahya ibn Mahmud al-Wasiti. No portrait of al-Hariri is known to exist.

Image ©BnF, Dist. RMN-Grand Palais/Art Resource, NY

al-Hariri, a master storyteller