Harvard Presidential Search Advances
As the committee consisting of members from the Harvard Corporation and Board of Overseers pursues the search for the successor to President Drew Faust, faculty and staff advisory committees were unveiled today.
The members of the faculty advisory committee are:
- Robin Kelsey (chair), Burden professor of photography and dean of arts and humanities (Faculty of Arts and Sciences), co-chair of the Harvard University Committee on the Arts;
- William Alford, Stimson professor of law, vice dean for the Graduate Program and International Legal Studies, director of the East Asian Legal Studies program, and chair of the Harvard Law School Project on Disability (Harvard Law School);
- Anita Berrizbeitia, professor of landscape architecture and chair of the department of landscape architecture (Harvard Graduate School of Design);
- Catherine Brekus, Warren professor of the history of religion in America (Harvard Divinity School);
- Stephen Elledge, Mendel professor of genetics and of medicine and investigator of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute (Harvard Medical School);
- David Ellwood, Black professor of political economy, director of the Malcolm Wiener Center for Social Policy, and former dean of the faculty of government (Harvard Kennedy School);
- Claudine Gay, Cowett professor of government and of African and African American studies and dean of social science (Faculty of Arts and Sciences);
- Hopi Hoekstra, Agassiz professor of zoology in the department of organismic and evolutionary biology and the department of molecular and cellular biology, Harvard College Professor, investigator of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, and curator of mammals in the Museum of Comparative Zoology (Faculty of Arts and Sciences);
- Bridget Terry Long, Saris professor of education and economics and former academic dean (Harvard Graduate School of Education);
- Youngme Moon, David professor of business administration and senior associate dean for strategy and innovation (Harvard Business School);
- Alison Simmons, Wolcott professor of philosophy (Faculty of Arts and Sciences);
- Salil Vadhan, Joseph professor of computer science and applied mathematics and area chair for computer science (Faculty of Arts and Sciences, Harvard John A. Paulson School of Engineering and Applied Sciences); and
- Dyann Wirth, Strong professor of infectious diseases, chair of the department of immunology and infectious diseases, and director of the Harvard Malaria Initiative (Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health); and faculty chair, Harvard Integrated Life Sciences.
Members of the staff advisory committee are:
- Katie Lapp (chair), executive vice president;
- Patricia Byrne, executive dean, Harvard Divinity School;
- Angela Crispi, executive dean for administration, Harvard Business School;
- Marilyn Hausammann, vice president for human resources;
- Jack Jennings, executive dean for administration, Harvard Graduate School of Education;
- Leslie Kirwan, dean of administration and finance, Faculty of Arts and Sciences;
- Diane Lopez, deputy general counsel;
- Nisha Mongia, executive dean, Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study; and
- Meredith Weenick, vice president for campus services.
A student advisory committee is to be named later.