Fixtures and Followers
The lists below include many of the oldest and newest Harvard Square businesses, according to information provided by the Harvard Square Business Association.
- Cambridge Savings Bank (1834)
- Cambridge Center for Adult Education (1876; a nonprofit, rather than a business)
- Harvard Coop (1882)
- Leavitt & Peirce (1883)
- Cambridge Trust Company (1890)
- J. August (1891)
- La Flamme Barber Shop (1898)
- Alice Darling Secretarial Services, Inc. (1913)
- Felix Shoe Repair (1913)
- Dickson Bros. True Value Hardware Store (1920)
- Brattle Square Florist (1925)
- The Sheraton Commander Hotel (1927)
- Grolier Poetry Book Shop (1927)
- Harvard Book Store (1932)
Newest (2010 and 2011)
- Follow the Honey
- Al’s Sandwich Shop
- Clover Food Lab
- Forty Winks
- Hotel Veritas
- The Maharaja
- Otto Pizza
- Russell House Tavern
- Starbucks Harvard Square (bi-level store)
- TD Bank
You might also like
Genetic analysis reveals a culture enriched from both sides of the Danube.
Harvard researchers illuminate a longstanding epidemiological connection.
Harvard’s Faculty of Arts and Sciences broaches two tough topics.
More to explore
Expect massive job losses in industries associated with fossil fuels. The time to get ready is now.
A third-generation French baker on legacy loaves and the "magic" of baking
Generative AI can enhance teaching and learning but augurs a shift to oral forms of student assessment.